Life of a warrior

What Struggles have given me incredible strength? 

         It's day 10 of month 5 of the year 2023.
      I was born May the 1st of year 99. I had some medical issues that evolved, which then terrified everyone for my life. I had too much fluid trapped in my brain. Which then caused a stroke within me. Not too long after, I had another stroke. All together to fix my problems, I had to have brain surgeries. In total, I've had 24. Due to having all of this occur in my life, I did miss a lot of school. It was hard, but I overcame it just like I conquered everything else.

Due to the strokes and I have a few fine-motor difficulties and drop foot. This means: my foot will turn out when I walk. I am a fighter. I never give up. From me to you, just because something is hard in the current moment/ seems complicated, does not mean it is impossible to achieve. If a challenge in your life is consistently repeated,  that usually means that God just believes that you're strong enough to withstand the storm.  He chose you above all of the rest to live the life that you live.   Anything in your life that you've been through/ going through, you are strong and you can conquer anything that life throws your way.   Life is all about living in the moment. 

DO NOT WALK IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS OTHERS BECAUSE IT SATISFIES THEM AND THEIR TIME. ONLY WALK A PATH BECAUSE IT IS CONVENIENT FOR YOUR TIME, YOUR LIFE, AND YOUR HEART ALONE. - Halston Victoria

   All of this occurred before I was 6.  I have never allowed those challenges to be an excuse to make me want to quit. Whenever I feel like the force is too strong and I am unsure of what to do, I try to see beyond my struggles and believe that I can do anything I set my mind to do just like every living soul should. I've experienced anxiety from academics, trying too hard to make things perfect, and confusion from the subjects that are not my best. As well as from a variety of situations which I will explain consistently throughout this narrative. I have also gone through rough and painful times, but I'm still standing tall and that's good enough for me. Two facts about me are that I am a go-getter and a hard worker. If I am unsuccessful the first time with an activity, I will keep trying repeatedly until I get it right!  The learning difficulties that I encountered from my Hydrocephalus, made me stronger. Due to the strokes, I  have a drop foot on my right leg. This means that the right side of my body is weak and it's more difficult to do some things at a regular walking or jumping pace. I learned how to tie my shoes in 2016. I was 16. My fine motor skills functioned slowly.  I missed a lot of schooling when I was younger.     

You may stumble and you may fall, but with MOTIVATION and DETERMINATION, through it all, you will rise taller than ever and become stronger. than ever before. If a challenge in your life is consistent,   that usually means that God believes that you're strong enough to withstand the storm. 

 I did not completely begin adjusting to being in a classroom until I attended Lewis Elementary School in the second grade. Coming back to school was difficult! The hardest part for me was realizing how far behind the other kids I was. I did not know what to expect or how or how they would be affected by me in the classroom because of how much farther behind them I fell. As I grew of course I learned that everyone learns at their own pace. As a former student with learning-related disabilities, I learned a few things about the world. I had learning disabilities such as dyscalculia and problems with my reading comprehension. I had been lucky enough to have gone to a school for the past ten years where I was taught that there is a place for me, my brother, and most importantly, kids just like us.  I could always do anything I was aiming for because I had teachers who are incredibly creative, majestic, and empathetic toward their students. They are mentors, inspirations, heroes, family, and influences that I will never forget.  I was fortunate enough to graduate in 2019.

Perspective: Whenever you're in a difficult situation, big or small, don't ask " Why me"? Say " Try me"! 

M* Motivation

O* OPTIMISM

V* VOICE OF OPINION AND CHANGE                                

E*  Empowerment 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💛💙                            

  "Life is hard they say, but just wait and see, you will do amazing things".
                                                                                        
                                                                                            

    
Life of a Warrior 
TBC...

5/10/2023

                                                                 






 

              





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Know your Limitations

How can you TRANSFORM your Mindset?

Be Grateful